St Huberts was estbalished in 1862 by Hubert De Castella’s passion for the Yarra Valley. By the late 1800s it had grown to be the largest estate in the area. The wines enjoyed immediate and on-going success at wine shows both domestically and abroad. The onset of the Great Depression, the increasing popularity of fortified wine and the emerging profitability of dairy farming saw the vineyard revert to grazing in the 1920s.
It wasn’t until the 1960s that the Yarra Valley again rose to prominence as a wine region and St Huberts was once again one of the pioneers.
The estate vineyard at St Huberts has long been considered one of the finest spots in the valley for Cabernet Sauvignon.