Camus Cognac

Camus Cognac

In 1863 Jean-Baptiste Camus founded a collective of producers to create the highest quality cognac, they called it “La Grande Marque”. As development was very positive and business was flourishing, Jean-Baptiste decided to buy out his partners and establish his very independent cognac house, which he called Camus La Grande Marque. After his death, Edmond and Gaston Camus took over the running of the company in 1894, Edmond being the cellar master and Gaston looking after the export business. Camus even received an order from the Court of the last Tsar of Russia, Nicolas II, to supply them with their fine spirit. Following these two, there was Michael Camus, yet another clever business mind. He attacked the international market even more aggressively, seeing huge potential in the duty free market. He approached the American group Duty Free and got a deal with them in the early 1960s, delivering a variety of products, even decanters made from Limoges porcelain and Baccarat Crystal – later on to become the preferred material for top-of-the-line luxury cognac bottles. In 1977 Jean-Paul Camus would become cellar master and gradually get involved in the international affairs. He furthered the duty free business that his father introduced to the Asia-Pacific region, notably to Japan and Korea. This step established Camus as one of the five leading cognac house.

1 Item

per page

1 Item

per page